Barr Environmental Limited, part of the McLaughlin & Harvey Group is a leading waste management company operating throughout various locations in the west of Scotland.
We are seeking to recruit a Weighbridge Clerk to join the team.
The Weighbridge Clerk is a wide and varied role some key responsibilities are to;
- Direct traffic coming onto site and operate weighbridge
- Check incoming loads, ensuring compliance with site licence and permitted waste types
- Accurately record weights & waste type by vehicle, completing appropriate documentation and collect driver signatures
- Process delivery notes and tickets accurately and efficiently
- Immediately report any contamination or non-conforming wastes delivered to site to the appropriate Manager
- Report any anomalies/errors to the weighbridge system to the appropriate people immediately
- Maintain relationships and deal with queries from customers and site visitors
- Ensure weighbridge customers are aware of site rules and distribute information and guidance accordingly
- Ensure that vehicles delivering to site have the correct paperwork and EWC codes
- Ensure that vehicles have the necessary paperwork for forward movements from the site to destination
- Compile compliance reports for materials in and out of the site
- Ensure that the site diary for materials is kept up to date
- Assist with general administrative duties and customer service, answering the telephone and directing calls as appropriate
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures
Minimum academic qualifications – Mathematics & English Standard grade level or equivalent
- Weighbridge experience
- Traffic management experience
- Health & Safety Awareness
We are an equal opportunities employer.